As I have mentioned earlier, I usually pack meals for myself while in Disney World. My family always stays off Disney property so we do not get the Disney Dining Plan. When going to Disney World, my family stays in a condo with a full kitchen. This makes it very easy for me to prepare my meals. However, if you are unable/don’t want to prepare meals to bring into the park there are many healthy options throughout Disney World.
I’m not crazy about burgers, pizza, and chicken nuggets so I prefer to eat healthy for my meals. It is vacation though so I always get dessert while at Disney!
An easy way to make meals healthier is to get the no sauce/dressing or get the dressing on the side. Another way to have healthier dinners in Disney is to switch the sides that the meal comes with to apple slices or vegetables. These tips work with many of the meals that I have listed below.
Here are the healthy options found at Quick Service restaurants in Disney World:
- Columbia Harbour House: Lighthouse sandwich, Anchors aweigh sandwich, Grilled salmon, and Broccoli peppercorn salad with dressing on the side. All of these items except the salad you can change your side to steamed fresh broccoli, although it may cost extra.
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe: Fajita platter, Southwest salad, and Burrito
- Pinocchio Village Haus: Caesar salad with chicken (dressing on side)
- Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant: Caesar salad with chicken (dressing on side)
- Tortuga Tavern: Roasted corn and vegetable salad
- Aloha Isle: Pineapple spear
- Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies: Fruit
- Cheshire Cafe: Fruit
- Gaston’s Tavern: Mixed fruit cup and Mixed vegetable cup with dip
- Liberty Square Market: Baked potato, Baked sweet potato, Fruit, Vegetables, Dried cranberries, Trail mix, and Greek yogurt
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe: Greek yogurt
- Pinocchio Village Haus: Greek yogurt
- Prince Erik’s Village Market: Fruit and Vegetables
- Flame Tree Barbecue: Roasted Chicken with Mixed Greens Salad (dressing on side) and Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich (dressing on side)
- Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery: Herb-roasted turkey sandwich and Tomato and mozzarella sandwich (dressing on side)
- Restaurantosaurus: Grilled chicken sandwich with apple slices and Roasted chicken with mixed green salad
- Yak and Yeti: Ginger Chicken Salad (dressing on side)
- Harambe Fruit Market: Fruit, Veggies, Trail mix, and Greek yogurt
- Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery: Fresh fruit cup and Greek yogurt
- Mr. Kamal’s: Hummus with vegetables and mini pita
- Terra Treats: Hummus with vegetables and Fresh fruit cup
- Thirsty River Bar & Trek Snacks: Fresh fruit, Fruit cup, Hummus and vegetables
- Backlot Express: Galactic Chicken Salad (no tortilla, dressing on side)
- Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner: Vegetarian wrap
- Starring Rolls Cafe: Mixed greens salad (dressing on side), Mixed greens with chicken (dressing on side), Turkey sandwich with fresh fruit, and Roasted vegetable sandwhich
- Anaheim Produce: Assorted whole fruit, carrot and celery sticks, Apple slices, Clementines, Mixed fruit cup, Grapes, Pineapple cup, Enjoy Life seed pack, and Fruit and nut trail mix
- Starring Rolls Cafe: Assorted whole fruit
- Electric Umbrella: Energy salad with roasted chicken and Vegetarian flatbread
- La Cantina de San Angel: Pollo Cascabel (on the side or no sauce), Tacos de Barbacoa, Tacos de Pollo, Tacos de Pescado, and Ensalada Mexicana
- Les Halles de Bo: Brie aux pommes (apple and brie sandwich on multigrain bread), Poulet au pistol* (chicken sandwich)
- Liberty Inn: Southwest chicken salad (dressing on side), Red white and blue salad with chicken (dressing/cheese on side) and Freshly grilled vegetarian “chick’n” breast sandwich
- Tangierine Cafe: Mediterranean chicken wrap,
*one of my favorites!
- Electric Umbrella: Mixed fruit cup
- Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe: Fruit cup
- The Land Cart: Fruit and cheese plate, Fruit and string cheese plate and Vegetable plate
- Liberty Inn: Mixed fruit cup
- Yorkshire County Fish Shop: Seasonal fruit
As you can see there are many options for healthy meals and snacks throughout the Disney parks. Just remember that it is vacation so you don’t have to eat healthy all the time; enjoy being in Disney World!
What is your favorite meal or snack in Disney World?